Medical Aesthetic - Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers, sometimes called soft tissue fillers, are substances designed to be injected beneath the surface of the skin to add volume and fullness.
Substances used in dermal fillers include:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite, which is a mineral-like compound found in bones.
- Hyaluronic acid, which is found in some fluids and tissues in the body that add plumpness to the skin.
- Polyalkylimide, a transparent gel that is compatible with the body.
- Polylactic acid, which stimulates the skin to make more collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), a semi-permanent filler
Each one of these is designed to treat different signs of aging or other cosmetic issues.
The time they take to work, as well as how long they last, also vary. Some fillers last 6 months, while others last up to 2 years or longer.
What can dermal fillers correct?
Different types of dermal fillers are designed to treat varying signs of aging. Depending on the filler selected, they may:
- plump up thinning lips
- enhance or fill in shallow areas on the face
- decrease or remove the shadow or wrinkle under the eyes caused by the lower eyelid
- fill in or soften the look of recessed scars
- fill in or soften static wrinkles, especially on the lower face
Static wrinkles include those around the mouth and along the cheeks. These wrinkles are usually a result of a loss of collagen and elasticity in the skin.
Dermal Fillers Brands:
Teosyal offers the most complete range of 100% non-animal origin resorbable hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler products for a global and personalized treatment of the face. Hyaluronic acid maintains hydration and can be used all over the face, including lips, cheeks, forehead and the delicate skin around the eyes, as well as the neck and neckline.
The Teosyal® portfolio is divided into families, gathering products with similar treated areas and indications. Most products in the Teosyal line are available with or without anesthetic. Teosyal PureSense offers the addition of lidocaine to ensure optimal comfort throughout the injection session.
Juvederm® is the world’s leading brand of hyaluronic acid (HA) facial fillers*. Based on healthcare professional tracking market research, from over 1000 healthcare professionals in the largest 13 aesthetic markets worldwide
Results with Juvederm®® can last between 9 and 24 months depending on the treatment chosen†.
Juvederm®® products blend into the tissue, which may contribute to the natural look and feel, assessed as a result of treatment.
800 - 900 / cc